Care 411

Part B

n Part B, people must pay a premium to take part in benefits.  The premium will be based on your income.  Generally the premium is automatically deducted from your monthly social security check.  You can defer the Part B option if your spouse is still working.  If neither you or your spouse are employed, and you do not have insurance from any other source, you will be charged a 10% annual premium penalty if you do not enroll for Part B.  Part B covers medically necessary doctor’s services, outpatient care, and other services that do not fall under Part A coverage.  These include certain physical or occupational therapies, nursing services, diagnostic tests, vaccinations, blood transfusions and various home health care services.(See also Part APart CPart D)

Comments are closed.

Login to your account

Can't remember your Password ?

Register for this site!